05How to become Australian Certified Organic
- Before you begin producing your product, head to aco.net.au to download an information kit on the organic standard, and the form: "Application for Certification"
- Complete the forms: "Application for Certification", a statutory declaration outlining your recipe, an organic management plan template to demonstrate how you will correctly handle your organic ingredients and a certification agreement. Review your operation and recipes to ensure you are complying with the Standard.
- Submit forms to ACO Certification Ltd with required payment for certification.
- Once ACO Certification Ltd has reviewed your forms, make any additions or changes based on their feedback.
- Await approval from ACO Certification Ltd.
- Once approved, you will be assigned an auditor. During the audit process, any samples taken will be sent to a laboratory for testing.
- Receive audit feedback, and close out any corrective actions necessary.
- Obtain certification of compliance and receive a unique certification number to be placed on your product.
You can now produce as an Australian Certified Organic Product!